4 marca 2016

On Mistakes - Finnabair Creative Team

Mistakes (or happy accidents if you will) happen to everyone. What true experts do, is they don't let it stop them! Visit  Finn's blog where her Team is sharing their personal thoughts and stories. So, now a few words from me.
No beauty is perfect. Ideal forms are usually the most boring ones. Art which is free from errors and mistakes makes the viewer humbled but doesn’t grab his emotions. Art is giving yourself a permission to make mistakes. They are part of the process and one of the factors which makes your art as unique and true.
I would like to share with you my solution in case of mistakes or little disasters. Some time ago I had one of my journal spreads torn apart. In order to make it look right again, I fixed the page with washi tape. Then I put a generous coat of Heavy White Gesso to cover the line of fixing. When it became dry, I sprayed it with blue and green Mica Powders mixed with water. To blend it more into the backround, I used a few stamps and black india ink splashes. The spread was repaired and in one piece once again.


It was easy-peasy, right? And I still may journal on the reverse!
Have a relaxing evening, my dear readers!

1 komentarz:

:)